The following are the GAO reports published in 2010 that are discussed in this wiki (in reverse chronological order). Those Reports that have already been summarized are in blue; those that have not yet been summarized are in red.
- Information Sharing: DHS Could Better Define How It Plans to Meet Its State and Local Mission and Improve Performance Accountability (GAO-11-223) (Dec. 16, 2010).
- Information Security: National Nuclear Security Administration Needs to Improve Contingency Planning for Its Classified Supercomputing Operations (GAO-11-67) (Dec. 9, 2010).
- Information Security: Federal Agencies Have Taken Steps to Secure Wireless Networks, but Further Actions Can Mitigate Risk (GAO-11-43) (Nov. 30, 2010).
- Information Security: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Needs to Mitigate Control Weaknesses (GAO-11-29) (Nov. 30, 2010).
- Export Controls: Agency Actions and Proposed Reform Initiatives May Address Previously Identified Weaknesses, but Challenges Remain (GAO-11-135R) (Nov. 16, 2010).
- Information Security: National Archives and Records Administration Needs to Implement Key Program Elements and Controls (GAO-11-20) (Oct. 21, 2010).
- Intellectual Property: Agencies Progress in Implementing Recent Legislation, but Enhancements Could Improve Future Plans (GAO-11-39) (Oct. 13, 2010).
- Cyberspace Policy: Executive Branch Is Making Progress Implementing 2009 Policy Review Recommendations, but Sustained Leadership Is Needed (GAO-11-24) (Oct. 6, 2010).
- Information Technology: Opportunities Exist to Improve Management of DOD's Electronic Health Record Initiative (GAO-11-50) (Oct. 6, 2010).
- Department of Homeland Security: Progress Made in Implementation and Transformation of Management Functions, but More Work Remains (GAO-10-911T) (Sept. 30, 2010).
- Information Sharing: Federal Agencies Are Helping Fusion Centers Build and Sustain Capabilities and Protect Privacy, but Could Better Measure Results (GAO-10-972) (Sept. 29, 2010).
- Telecommunications: FCC Should Assess the Design of the E-rate Program's Internal Control Structure (GAO-10-908) (Sept. 29, 2010).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: DHS Efforts to Assess and Promote Resiliency Are Evolving but Program Management Could Be Strengthened (GAO-10-772) (Sept. 23, 2010).
- Defense Exports: Reporting on Exported Articles and Services Needs to Be Improved (GAO-10-952) (Sept. 21, 2010).
- Persian Gulf: U.S. Agencies Need to Improve Licensing Data and to Document Reviews of Arms Transfers for U.S. Foreign Policy and National Security Goals (GAO-10-918) (Sept. 20, 2010).
- Information Security: Progress Made on Harmonizing Policies and Guidance for National Security and Non-National Security Systems (GAO-10-916) (Sept. 15, 2010).
- National Broadband Plan Reflects the Experiences of Leading Countries, but Implementation Will Be Challenging (GAO-10-825) (Sept. 14, 2010).
- Global Positioning System: Challenges in Sustaining and Upgrading Capabilities Persist (GAO-10-636) (Sept. 15, 2010).
- Financial Management Systems: Experience with Prior Migration and Modernization Efforts Provides Lessons Learned for New Approach (GAO-10-808) (Sept. 8, 2010).
- Information Technology: A Framework for Assessing and Improving Enterprise Architecture Management (Ver. 2.0 GAO-10-846G) (Aug. 2010).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Key Private and Public Cyber Expectations Need to Be Consistently Addressed (GAO-10-628) (Aug. 16, 2010).
- Organizational Transformation: A Framework for Assessing and Improving Enterprise Architecture Management (Version 2.0) (Supersedes GAO-03-584G) (GAO-10-846G) (Aug. 5, 2010).
- Telecommunications: The Proposed Performance Rights Act Would Result in Additional Costs for Broadcast Radio Stations and Additional Revenue for Record Companies, Musicians, and Performers (GAO-10-826) (Aug. 4, 2010).
- Cyberspace: United States Faces Challenges in Addressing Global Cybersecurity and Governance (GAO-10-606) (Aug. 2, 2010).
- Department of Homeland Security: Assessments of Selected Complex Acquisitions (GAO-10-588SP) (July 30, 2010).
- NextGen Air Transportation System: FAA's Metrics Can Be Used to Report on Status of Individual Programs, but Not of Overall NextGen Implementation or Outcomes (GAO-10-629) (July 27, 2010).
- Information Management: Challenges in Federal Agencies' Use of Web 2.0 Technologies (GAO-10-872T) (July 22, 2010).
- Information Technology: OMB's Dashboard Has Increased Transparency and Oversight, but Improvements Needed (GAO-10-701) (July 16, 2010).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Key Private and Public Cyber Expectations Need to Be Consistently Addressed (GAO-10-628) (July 15, 2010).
- Cyberspace: United States Faces Challenges in Addressing Global Cybersecurity and Governance (GAO-10-606) (July 2, 2010).
- Information Security: Federal Guidance Needed to Address Control Issues With Implementing Cloud Computing (GAO-10-513) (July 1, 2010).
- Information Security: Governmentwide Guidance Needed to Assist Agencies in Implementing Cloud Computing (GAO-10-855T) (July 1, 2010)
- Biosurveillance: Efforts to Develop a National Biosurveillance Capability Need a National Strategy and a Designated Leader (GAO-10-645) (June 30, 2010).
- Secure Border Initiative: DHS Needs to Follow Through on Plans to Reassess and Better Manage Key Technology Program (GAO-10-840T) (June 17, 2010).
- Cybersecurity: Continued Attention Is Needed to Protect Federal Information Systems from Evolving Threats (GAO-10-834T) (June 16, 2010).
- Telecommunications: Comments From The Copyright Office On GAO-10-428R (GAO-10-707SP), an E-supplement to GAO-10-428R (GAO-10-707SP) (June 7, 2010).
- Cybersecurity: Key Challenges Need to Be Addressed to Improve Research and Development (GAO-10-466) (June 3, 2010).
- Export Controls: Observations on Selected Countries' Systems and Proposed Treaties (GAO-10-557) (May 27, 2010).
- Information Security: Federal Guidance Needed to Address Control Issues with Implementing Cloud Computing (GAO-10-513) (May 27, 2010).
- Information Security: Opportunities Exist for the Federal Housing Finance Agency to Improve Control (GAO-10-528) (Apr. 30, 2010).
- Concerted Effort Needed to Consolidate and Secure Internet Connections at Federal Agencies (GAO-10-237) (Apr. 12, 2010).
- Intellectual Property: Observations on Efforts to Quantify the Economic Effects of Counterfeit and Pirated Goods (GAO-10-423) (Apr. 12, 2010).
- GAO Review of the Department of Homeland Security’s Certification of the Secure Flight Program—Cost and Schedule Estimates (GAO-10-535R) (Apr. 5, 2010).
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems: Comprehensive Planning and a Results-Oriented Training Strategy Are Needed to Support Growing Inventories (GAO-10-331) (Mar. 26, 2010).
- Information Security: Concerted Response Needed to Resolve Persistent Weaknesses (G AO-10-536T) (Mar. 24, 2010).
- Information Security: IRS Needs to Continue to Address Significant Weaknesses (GAO-10-355) (Mar, 19, 2010).
- Cybersecurity: Continued Attention Is Needed to Protect Federal Information Systems from Evolving Threats (GAO-11-463T) (Mar. 16, 2010).
- Electronic Government: Implementation of the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006 (GAO-10-365) (Mar. 12, 2010)
- Information Security: Agencies Need to Implement Federal Desktop Core Configuration Requirements (GAO-10-202) (Mar. 12, 2010).
- Information Security: Concerted Effort Needed to Consolidate and Secure Internet Connections at Federal Agencies (GAO-10-237) (Mar. 12, 2010).
- Cybersecurity: Progress Made but Challenges Remain in Defining and Coordinating the Comprehensive National Initiative (GAO-10-338) (Mar. 5, 2010).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Update to National Infrastructure Protection Plan Includes Increased Emphasis on Risk Management and Resilience (GAO-10-296) (Mar. 5, 2010).
- Iran Sanctions: Complete and Timely Licensing Data Needed to Strengthen Enforcement of Export Restrictions (GAO-10-375) (Mar. 4, 2010).
- Telecommunications: Preliminary Observations on the Potential Effects of the Proposed Performance Rights Act on the Recording and Broadcast Radio Industries (GAO-10-428R) (Feb. 26, 2010).
- 2010 Census: Key Enumeration Activities Are Moving Forward, but Information Technology Systems Remain a Concern (GAO-10-430T) (Feb. 23, 2010).
- Homeland Security: Better Use of Terrorist Watchlist Information and Improvements in Deployment of Passenger Checkpoint Technologies Could Further Strengthen Security (GAO-10-401T) (Jan. 27, 2010).
Other GAO Reports
The following entries list GAO Reports in chronological order by year:
• 1958 • 1960 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965 • 1966 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972 • 1973 • 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1981 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021