The African Internet Service Providers Association (AfrISPA) is the continental association of African Internet Service Providers, whose objectives are to:
- Provide industry perspective on policy formulation and regulation as it relates to the Internet industry and to act as an interface with Governmental bodies and the public;
- Develop policies and positions in the best interest of the Members and to protect and promote these interests in regional and International fora;
- Promote the development of key Internet infrastructure on the continent;
- Promote the development of a free and open telecommunications market;
- Facilitate the establishment of national ISP Associations in Africa and to provide common services to them;
- Provide and promote educational opportunities that will enhance and empower technical and policy understanding of the Internet; and
- Build, maintain, and publish relevant industry data for Members.
- African Internet Service Provider's Association "AfrISPA", "African Regulatory Index Reports: Zambia Report" (Region Two), at 2 (3d draft, June 2005) (full-text).