An assessment is
|“||[v]erification of a deliverable against a standard using the corresponding method to establish compliance and determine the assurance.||”|
|“||[t]o evaluate the worth, significance, or status of something; especially to give an expert judgment of the value or merit of something.||”|
|“||an evaluation conducted to measure performance and compliance, or to estimate the size, quality or extent of something.||”|
|“||[t]he evaluation and interpretation of measurements and other information to provide a basis for decisionmaking.||”|
|“||the process of combining all intelligence data into a unified, specific judgment; the result of analysis formed within the context of the intelligence environment.||”|
|“||[a] set of activities or actions employed by an assessor to determine the extent to which a security control is implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome with respect to meeting the security requirements for the system.||”|
|“||the analysis of indications to determine the likelihood, nature, and potential of a threat.||”|
- ISO/IEC WD 15443-1 (11/2001).
- OPSEC Glossary of Terms.
- Information Management and Information Protection Glossary of Terms
- FEMA Glossary (full-text).
- Intelligence Warning Terminology, at 7.
- NIST Special Publication 800-53.
- Report on the NS/EP Implications of Intrusion Detection Technology Research and Development, at 6.
- Assessment method
- Assessment object
- Attack assessment
- Conformity assessment
- Cyber Security Vulnerability Assessment
- Cybersecurity control assessment
- Impact assessment
- Information security assessment
- Information Technology Sector Baseline Risk Assessment
- Intelligence Assessment
- Organised Crime Threat Assessment
- Privacy impact assessment
- Security assessment
- Security control assessment
- Security Threat and Risk Assessment
- Security Vulnerability Assessment
- Sensitivity assessment
- Smart Grid risk assessment
- Special Event Threat Assessment
- Technology assessment
- Threat and Vulnerability Testing and Assessment